Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup

From: Gerry Reno
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:03:24 -0500

Gerry Reno wrote:
Krishna Srinivas wrote:
Avati,
You are right. But for his requirement primary child (first child)
can not be same for all the clients, i.e first child has to be local
storage.
Krishna

Yes. It seems simple enough when you say the requirement if for a webserver farm that has a common 'local' filesystem and gluster seems to have the possibility of doing this but I cannot figure out how to make it work. We also need to have server.vol and client.vol that can be rsync'ed to each node. If we had 20 or more nodes that would be very difficult if we had to support different client.vol for each node.

Regards,
Gerry
Avati, Krishna,
 Did you think of anything on how to solve this scenario?

Regards,
Gerry