Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:56:28 -0500 (EST)

Cool; Amar was, of course, right about protocol/server needing to be the last volume in the chain. That's why I wasn't having any problems with performance translators on the server; they just weren't being used.

Using stat-prefetch on the server seems easily fatal; just ls or du a subdirectory and the glusterfsd processes die instantly. I'm not sure if stat-prefetch really makes sense on the server, anyway, though. It seems to work fine on the client.

Read-ahead does, of course, have the memory leak on server as well as client.

I don't see any issues with write-ahead, and happily, io-threads seems to work just fine on the server side.

Thanks,

Brent

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Anand Babu wrote:

,----[ Amar S. Tumballi writes: ]
| On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 12:52:35PM -0500, Brent A Nelson wrote:
| > Do I chain the performance translators for the server the same way
| > as for the client? E.g.:
| >   type protocol/server
| >   subvolumes share0 share1 share2 share3 share4 share5 share6
| >    share7 share8 share9 share10 share11 share12 share13 share14
| >    share15
| > end-volume
|  |  you can't have more than one subvolumes in protocol/server
|  xlator. The clustering ability is there only within
|  cluster/{unify,stripe,afr} xlators.
`----
protocol/server accepts multiple sub volumes. That is how you export
multiple volumes.

--
Anand Babu GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31
Blog [http://ab.freeshell.org] The GNU Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]