[Gluster-devel] number of connections

From: Mickey Mazarick
Subject: [Gluster-devel] number of connections
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 19:23:18 -0500

Will a client open more than one connection to a storage node?
Rather will it open a separate connection per volume or does it connect to all the volumes on the same connection? I ask because I have a total of 6 gigabit ports per server, all of which are trunked together. While a single connection can only go at 1 GBit it would be nice to up the total throughput by having multiple connections.

Thanks!
-Mic