Re: [Gluster-devel] combining AFR and cluster/unify

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] combining AFR and cluster/unify
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:54:26 +0530

Pooya,

If you change the client.vol you have to restart the glusterfs.
If you change the server.vol you have to restart the glusterfsd.

It is possible not to restart glusterfs but still grow the glusterfs volume.
i.e by using an extra glusterfsd which does unify which communicates
with the glusterfs. you can change the configs for this glusterfsd
and restart it. However glusterfs will not work properly till you start
this glusterfsd process, but you dont have to restart the glusterfs process.

Let me know if I need to explain by example.

Krishna