Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] memory leaks
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:15:31 -0400 (EDT)

Attached are my present spec files for both servers (which are also my clients); both machines use the same files.

To trigger the memory leak, all I need to do is a "dd if=/phys/blah0 of=/dev/null bs=1M", where /phys/blah0 was created with "dd if=/dev/zero of=/phys/blah0 bs=10M count=1024". It seems fine for a moment, but then glusterfs starts growing and growing until it can't claim any more RAM and becomes useless (can't ls the mountpoint, dd doesn't complete)...

Both machines are running Ubuntu Edgy + Fuse 2.6.3.

Thanks,

Brent