Re: [Gluster-devel] Speeding up file creation

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Speeding up file creation
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:11:58 +0530

Erik,
check out write behind translator:
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_User_Guide#Write_Behind_Translator
Krishna

On 3/13/07, Erik Osterman <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you Julien, that's very useful for comparison. I should have tried
that myself first. So, it would appear that with AFR enabled, the
transaction is not complete until the entire request (replicating the
file to the mirror site) is completed. This makes sense from a
consistency perspective; however, has there been any talk of adding an
option of "lazy" AFR, where writes to the mirror site would not block
the transaction? We are not overly concerned with this level of
consistency and can periodically rsync the data, or when the f*
utilities some out, run some sort of repair.

Best,

Erik Osterman