[Gluster-devel] AFR configurations

From: Gerry Reno
Subject: [Gluster-devel] AFR configurations
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:44:24 -0400

I'm still trying to figure out how to best setup a configuration that will be easy to maintain using AFR. Right now I have four clients specified and I set "type protocol/client" on all of them because I want a common client.vol file that I can edit and broadcast to all the client machines (which is basically all the webservers). I would like to use "type storage/posix" for the first subvolume but that would mean that I would need a different client.vol for each client and with 15-20 webservers this might get to be a problem maintaining all these separate versions and also lead to confusion. It would be great if there were a way that glusterfs could check and see that if the first subvolume was local that it would switch to "type storage/posix" instead of going out over the wire. That way I could use just one client.vol and still have the benefit of local storage access.

Gerry