Re: [Gluster-devel] Some FAQs ...

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Some FAQs ...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:14:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Steffen Grunewald wrote:

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 12:10:59PM -0400, Brent A Nelson wrote:
I would just like to point out that it is extremely easy to create your
own .deb using checkinstall instead of "make install".  That's what I've
done with all my GlusterFS compiles.

Want to share your debian/ tree?

checkinstall does not leave a debian/ tree behind, and I have not created one for its use; much like alien, it wouldn't be of any use for creating a proper deb for the major repositories. For personal use, though, it's a Godsend.

Of course, it would be great if GlusterFS was in the Debian and Ubuntu
repositories, waiting for people to stumble across it...

Sure... GlusterFS is so hot (in terms of life cycle, features and performance)
it would be a waste if nobody noticed...

Yep.

Thanks,

Brent