Re: [Gluster-devel] Some FAQs ...

From: Steffen Grunewald
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Some FAQs ...
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:31:12 +0200

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:14:03AM -0400, Majied Najjar wrote:
> That seems to be true, but you can probably install the package from testing
> and it should be fine:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/admin/checkinstall

Tried to rebuild that package from source but failed. Had to go back to 1.5.3,
but soon dfiscovered that dh_make handles glusterfs very well (just add
./autogen.sh and ./configure ... to the configure: target, and
dpkg-buildpackage)

The hard job is to split that one into client and server (which doesn't seem
necessary to me), and set the proper (build) dependencies (since I don't have
IB,
I don't link it in...)

I'll build some config files over the weekend, and do some testing next week.
(Have to find out what's the proper dependency between the translators, i.e.
which one to stack on top of the other... going to read the examples...)

Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/