Re: [Gluster-devel] write-behind mtime workaround

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] write-behind mtime workaround
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:37:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Anand Avati wrote:

Brent,
I understand what is happening. It is because I/O threads lets the
mtime overtake the write call. I assume you have loaded io-threads on
server side (or below write-behind on client side).

Yes, I have io-threads loaded on the server. This occurs when I load write-behind on the client.

I could provide you a temporary 'ugly' fix just for you if the issue is critical (until the proper framework comes in 1.4)

It would be worthwhile if the temporary fix is acceptable for the 1.3 release (otherwise, you'll need a warning included with the release, so that people enabling io-threads and write-behind know what to expect), but don't waste your time if it's just for me. Push on to 1.4 and the real fix; I'll just leave write-behind disabled for now.

Many Thanks,

Brent