Re: [Gluster-devel] Gluster Recovery

From: majied . najjar
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Gluster Recovery
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:03:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brent,

> But are you referring to a server from which to retrieve your client
> files, or do you just have local client files?

I have local client files, though they are all managed from a central
location via diskless booting.

> If you are doing retrieval of different client spec files from a remote
> server, how do you specify the different files in the glusterfsd spec

I do not reference a client spec file in the glusterfsd spec file.
However, I do reference the volumes defined in the glusterfsd spec file in
the client spec file.

> and how do you reference the different client specs when doing the mounts?

I name my client files after my mounts. For example "/home" would be
"/etc/glusterfs/home.vol" and it would look like this alongside "/var" in
the fstab:

/etc/glusterfs/home.vol  /home  glusterfs  defaults  0  0
/etc/glusterfs/var.vol      /var     glusterfs  defaults  0  0

Once it is in the fstab, you can mount it with:
`mount  /home`
or
`mount -t glusterfs /etc/glusterfs/home.vol /home`

I hope I did not miss your question...

Majied

Majied