Re: [Gluster-devel] Re: Mount options uid=, gid=

From: Erik Osterman
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Re: Mount options uid=, gid=
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 13:03:59 -0700

Awesome. I'll give it a try today sometime. Personally, I don't need the pattern matching, but sounds like a neat feature.

Never ceases to amaze me how fast your guys implement features.

Best,

Erik

Anand Avati wrote:
Erik,
  the fixed-uid/gid feature is currently not there in glusterfs. this
will come as a translator if at all in the future.

which is not far away, i just committed features/fixed-id xlator to
the tla. realized it was so simple that it was just a couple of minutes
of coding. load it in your graph and give it options like "option
fixed-uid 1000" "option fixed-gid 100". if someobody has a requirement
and requests i could add pattern matching on the filename to which
specific uid/gid can be fixed in the future.

avati

are you in need of this feature?

avati