[Gluster-devel] Application segfaults when executed on glusterfs mounted

From: Erik Osterman
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Application segfaults when executed on glusterfs mounted volume
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 17:32:12 -0700

If I try to run our mapserv application from a glusterfs mounted volume I consistently get segfaults. Yet if I copy that binary from the glusterfs volume to /tmp, it works fine.

I only have the postfix translator enabled on the glusterfsd processes. The clients are are running afr (*:2) between 3 bricks, with unify, writebehind, readhead enabled. stat-prefetch and io-threads are both disabled.

Where would be a good place to start diagnosing this problem?

Thanks,

Erik Osterman

-- Transcript --

# ./mapserv
Segmentation fault

GDB reports,

[Switching to Thread -1209043248 (LWP 11563)]
0x080c54e3 in __libc_csu_init ()

# cp mapserv /tmp
# /tmp/mapserv
This script can only be used to decode form results and
should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server.