Re: [Gluster-devel] Duplicate Symlinks in ls

From: Erik Osterman
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Duplicate Symlinks in ls
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 01:41:31 -0700

nm, I understand now what you mean by the empty export directory. I'll try and reconcile the file differences with rsync and start with a fresh export directory.

Thanks,

Erik

Erik Osterman wrote:
Yikes, I didn't realize that files must be unique per subvolume of a unify translator. Guess I need to gc my glusterfs now. Hrm...

Any suggestions?

Is this a feature to be addressed in 1.4 with the f* stuff?

Thanks,

Erik

Amar S. Tumballi wrote:
Erik,
Yes, AFR replicates all the files (symlinks too) on its child nodes, but UNIFY requires the file (not directories) on only one of the child node.

Thus, as of now (with this release) when one is changing configuration related to xlators/cluster/{afr,stripe,unify} the empty export directory is recommended to avoid inconsistancy.

-amar
(bulde on #gluster)