Re: [Gluster-devel] Another feature request

From: Dale Dude
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Another feature request
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:06:42 -0400

Vikas Gorur wrote:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 02:00:43PM +0200, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
Me again :-(

While experimenting with additional translators like read-ahead and
write-behind,
I found that each time I want to activate/deactivate a translator layer I have
to change the reference in the upper layer of the stack. This will sooner or
later result in typing errors, making the whole stack fail completely, or a
layer missed out because of an incorrect reference.
Would it be possible to flag a translator as INACTIVE (kind of hand-through)
or ACTIVE (this should be the default) while keeping the whole stack unchanged?
Probably this won't make it for 1.3.0 release...

This would be a nice feature to have. However, I'd vote for keeping
the specfile semantics simple (as-is), and to do these kinds of things
at a higher layer, like the web-based configuration/specfile
generation interface.

Vikas

Use XML :)