Re: [Gluster-devel] df bug in mainline-2.5

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] df bug in mainline-2.5
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:29:39 -0400 (EDT)

The current TLA code apparently fixes the df glitch.

Thanks,

Brent

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Amar S. Tumballi wrote:

Hi Brent,
Replies inline..

On 6/26/07, Brent A Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:

I just started testing the new code, which seems to be going rather well
so far.

Two things:

1) df is reporting incorrect sizes.  The sizes are (number of subvolumes
in my unify)*(sizes of df for the namespace cache), rather than the sum of
the sizes of the subvolumes.  The filesystem itself is working fine (so
far), however, and writes are occuring on my subvolumes.

strange, according to code, the df fop (statfs) is sent only to subvolumes
and not to namespace at all. So, it should give sum of subvolumes itself.
Can you confirm this?

2) How can I best tweak the alu scheduler such that multiple concurrent dd
processes, started at approximately the same time, will go to different
disks rather than the same one?  I believe this used to do the trick
reasonably in the old code:
option alu.orderdisk-usage:read-usage:write-usage:open-files-usage:disk-speed-usage
   option alu.disk-usage.entry-threshold 2GB
   option alu.disk-usage.exit-threshold 60MB
   option alu.stat-refresh.interval 10sec

This should work fine even now (as nothing related to schedulers is changed
other than min-free-disk option is changed to %), as alu schedules nodes in
rr pattern if all the nodes fit in the limits.

Thanks,

Brent

PS Which performance translators should perform reliably in the new code
at the moment?

other than io-threads (and stat-prefetch, which is not yet ready at all),
you can use other performance translators.

-bulde