Re: [Gluster-devel] Request for "read-only" translator

From: Matt Paine
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Request for "read-only" translator
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:33:45 +1000

sorry, reposting to the list, damn "reply" sends it to the original sender, not the list - i'll try to be more careful next time :)

Hi Steffen,
Sorry there was A mistake in my reply. The Unify schedulers cannot schedule
based on whether a sub-volume is read-only or not. Hence when a new file
creation operation comes, the scheduler _cannot_ neglect the read-only
subvolumes for creating the file. There is a fairly good chance that the
file creation operation be scheduled on a read-only subvolume which ofcourse
will fail.

How does the scheduler handle the case when disk-min-free (cant remember the option exactly) condition is met. I had a feeling if there was less than so much free space left on a sub-volume, it skipped it for writing new files.

In the case of a read-only volume, wouldn't the free space = 0MB, meeting the condition of the free space parameter.

Unless of course I have it wrong totally :) (i cant check on the site at the moment, its unreachable :/)

Matt.