Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR and Selfheal

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR and Selfheal
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:01:12 +0530

Thanks Matt :O

Another thing to be added, as of now selfheal does not heal
owner/permission mismatch among replica, but soon it will
be fixed.

Self heal is a delicate thing to do, so testing and feedback
will be appriciated!

Regards
Krishna

On 7/2/07, Matt Paine <address@hidden> wrote:

> Self-heal feature has been introduced in 1.3.0 pre5 release. Selfheal
> tracks the file updation
> using external attributes on the files. Hence xattr support is needed
> by the backend filesystem.
> Most filesystems (ext3 xfs reiserfs) support extended attributes.

Fantastic. Thankyou guys for all your hard work.

I've been lacking time to work on or test glusterfs, but this week i'll
be checking out pre5 and running the self heal through some tests

I think i speak for almost everyone when I say this is the functionality
we've all been waiting for :0

Thanx once again
Matt.