Re: [Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-258: still no AFR replication

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-258: still no AFR replication
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 23:49:09 +0530

Hi Gerry,
Its actually true that '-n' option to glusterfs made GlusterFS not to use
AFR feature. But "It caused AFR to break" is not exactly true as AFR feature
doesn't come into picture if one attaches to lower volume with -n option.
Sorry for not documenting *everything* related to GlusterFS. But, we are
trying hard to complete documentation with coding. It is a great help if one
posts questions on wiki if they have doubt (in wiki, or Mailing-List), so
that it helps to answer question precisely.
Yes, we do understand that its quite complex system if you just start
looking at it fresh, but we also hope that once you understand the way it
works, one should appriciate the simplicity provided in terms of volume-spec
file. As we are more close to code and usage, we may not understand what
type of questions users get, so posting questions would surely help, both of
us, developers and users.

Hoping to find more questions from users :)

-Amar
Gluster Core Team.