Re: [Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-267: rm -rf signal 11

From: Gerry Reno
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-267: rm -rf signal 11
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:46:43 -0400

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
Gerry,

I am trying to reproduce the prolem here. Can you give me
any clues? what were you trying to do? was it a plain "rm -rf"
or were you doing simultaneous rm -rf from the same
mount point?

I am assuming that your setup is an afr connected to four protocol/client.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Krishna

Krishna,
I am using the same spec files that I sent to you previously only without '-n'. The 'rm -rf' test that was running was to delete various segments of the /usr tree that I had copied over to the cluster. The 'cp -ax' went fine, I did a lot of 'mv' commands and 'du' command variations without problem. Then I started to 'rm -rf' various branches of the tree. It was on the last branch 'lib' when the failure occurred. I was 'cd' into /mnt/glusterfs3/usr and the command was 'rm -rf lib'. The branch was 1.6G in size at the start. At the time of the failure it had only removed about 200K of the branch and that's all the information I have. Everything else you already have, the console output, the core dump, the log and the spec files.

Regards,
Gerry