Re: [Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-267: cp -ax runaway

From: Gerry Reno
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] mainline--2.5--patch-267: cp -ax runaway
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:09:21 -0400

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
Hi Gerry,

We were trying to see how glusterfs behaves when "cp -ax"
is started and while cp is happening, kill all the servers.
The log messages which were produced were same as the ones you
have given, So are you sure that glusterfsd processes were not dead
when cp was happening? ( Connection refused would indicate
that glusterfsd is not listening at that port)
Krishna, we did nothing but wait for a little bit and retry the command. We did no other commands for altering state of servers or clients. I was willing to let the log grow very large just to see if it would stop with some other filesystem activity or maybe fix itself.

We are checking how the log messages can be avoided
when this particular situation is encountered.

Thanks
Krishna

Gerry