Re: [Gluster-devel] namespace cache

From: DeeDee Park
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] namespace cache
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:08:30 +0000

Just a quick question. Will glusterfs work on file systems that don't support inodes? I don't know much about the Windows NTFS details, but will glusterfs eventually work there or only targeted to work on the unix file systems? A few people have told me that they would use glusterfs to utilize free disk space on the windows office desktops as additional storage bricks. I'm using VMware player to currently create a unix virtual server within Windows to do this. Eventually I would like to have a simpler solution and have an agent work directly on the Win platform.