Re: [Gluster-devel] NFS reexport

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] NFS reexport
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:35:23 +0530

Hi Richard,
Yes, you can't directly use the 1FreeBSD server as glusterfsd server yet.
But your idea is perfect, you can export the FreeBSD server's disk using
NFS. and in the server where you have Linux, use it as a posix translator.

Assume you have

/mnt/usb1 <- first USB disk
/mnt/usb2 <- second USB disk
/mnt/freebsd <- NFS exported freebsd partition.

now your server config will look like

----
volume usb1
 type storage/posix
 directory /mnt/usb1
end-volume

volume usb2
 type storage/posix
 directory /mnt/usb2
end-volume

volume nfs
 type storage/posix
 directory /mnt/freebsd
end-volume

volume unify
 type cluster/unify
 subvolumes nfs usb1 usb2
 option namespace ns
 option scheduler rr
end-volume

volume server
 option auth.ip.unify.allow *
end-volume

------

Now you can have a client spec with just a client protocol, which connects
to unify ("option remote-subvolume unify")

-amar