Re: [Gluster-devel] df -kh not reporting correct value

From: Daniel van Ham Colchete
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] df -kh not reporting correct value
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:03:36 -0300

DeeDee,

I read your spec file from another e-mail, and I think I know the answer.

Please any developer correct-me if I'm wrong.

According with
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2007-03/msg00106.html the
AFR translator will return the minimum  size between all it's volumes when
you df -h.

But, from what I could read at the source, AFR currently will return the
total space of the first available subvolume.

For fact you can be assured that it does not sum the total space of all it's
volumes.

As a fellow user, I recommend you to sent more details when asking something
at the list. It helps me understand your problem more. If it wasn't for the
other e-mail you sent to the list I would never imagine that you are putting
all the 5 bricks inside AFR, although you only make 2 copies of each file at
the first two subvolumes available at open() time and the other three is
almost never used.

Suggestion:
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Understanding_Unify_Translator

Best regards,