Re: [Gluster-devel] core bt - client_write_cbk1, AFR config

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] core bt - client_write_cbk1, AFR config
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:40:34 +0530

On 7/13/07, DeeDee Park <address@hidden> wrote:

So, as I'm trying to write an updated config, I got a little more
confused.

If the *:2 replicates only the first 2 bricks listed in the subvolume line
(current implementation), then the bricks 3,4,5,etc are not utilized.

Correct. if you are going to  have only two copies,  you should not be
having more than 2 bricks in subvolumes list.

If I specify *:2 and only have 1 brick, where does the replicas reside?
If I only have 1 brick listed in each subvolume, and if I say repliate
*:2,
then wouldn't AFR need 2 bricks listed in the subvolumes line to replicate
the two copies to, but I only listed 1.

If you specify *:2 and have only one brick, 2nd copy will not be created (as
we wont know where the 2nd copy should be created)

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Translators#Automatic_File_Replication_Translator

This URL should help you more.

Regards
Krishna

Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion