Re: [Gluster-devel] bug with TLA 313?

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] bug with TLA 313?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:09:23 -0400 (EDT)

Patch 322 seems to have fixed the stray ls errors, but not the cp -a complaints. A "cp -a" strace is attached.

Thanks,

Brent

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Brent A Nelson wrote:

Aha, it looks like GlusterFS is giving odd/varying error responses to queries for ACL information (I assume it should be giving an "operation not supported" error). This must be related to my previously reported problem copying from GlusterFS to GlusterFS where it was complaining about preserving ACLs for every file copied.

See attached strace.

Thanks,

Brent

PS At least in this simple case where glusterfs is directly mounting a storage/posix, NFS reexport works fine. I haven't had a chance to test a full setup with recent GlusterFS tlas, but I will once the ACL glitch is squashed.