Re: [Gluster-devel] old files coming back due to old brick.

From: Matt Paine
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] old files coming back due to old brick.
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:01:37 +1000

DeeDee Park wrote:
I had removed a brick, and then on the live glusterfs removed a directory and all of its subdirectories.
I checked in the namespace brick and those files were gone.
I brought back to life an older brick with those files,
and those files appeared again.

I assumed since the files were not listed in the namespace brick that they should not have
come back to life.

If you brought back the files (by bringing back an older brick with the
files) then the namespace (being only a cache) will think they are new
files and record their existance in the namespace.

This sounds like expected behaviour to me.

Matt.