Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Example

From: Matt Paine
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Example
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:49:26 +1000

Hi Nathan

Wow, you should put this on the wiki, this is a very clear example. I can
see how this can work, but does it need to be that hard to setup? How hard
would it be to add functionality to AFR where you only need to specify the
number of copies you want and the scheduler takes care of the rest?

Possibly - i'll let the devs work that out - for the moment this is how I would do it. Personally i think AFR works great and I woudln't want to add any more complexity to it (afr does not do scheduling). If the devs think its a good idea i'm sure they will go for it. At the moment it might be a pain, but we are working on a management interface which will make things extremely easy (point and click in a web browser, fantastic :)

Matt