Re: [Gluster-devel] error message=> glusterfs: could not open specfile

From: Jacques Mattheij
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] error message=> glusterfs: could not open specfile
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:28:41 +0200

hey Paul,

It looks to me like you should use the

  -f pathtoyourvolumespec/yourspecfile.vol

option on the command line.  I tried it here without that
and it tells me the same thing as you report (could not
open specfile).

something like:

/usr/local/sbin/glusterfs -f /etc/glusterfs/client.vol -s 192.168.1.225 /mnt/point

replace the '/etc/glusterfs/client.vol' with your location of
the client spec file.

  best regards,

    Jacques

Paul Jochum wrote:
whitelistentry: zresearch
Hi Avand:

Thank you for looking at this.

*Spec file for Server:*
volume brick
 type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
 option directory /home/export        # Export this directory
end-volume
volume server
 type protocol/server
 option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
 subvolumes brick
 option auth.ip.brick.allow * # Allow access to "brick" volume
end-volume

*Spec file for Client:
*volume client
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
 option remote-host 192.168.1.225     # IP address of the remote brick*
* option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume
*
Commands used to start glusterfs on the Server:
*/usr/local/sbin/glusterfsd*
*
*Command used to start glusterfs on the Client:*
/usr/local/sbin/glusterfs -s 192.168.1.225 /mnt/point

(I tried to follow the "Getting Started with GlusterFS" document from the wiki as close as possible)

thanks,

Paul Jochum

Anand Avati wrote:

Paul,
can you please post your volume spec files and the command line with which you are trying to start glusterfs?

avati