[Gluster-devel] afr, striping, and nufa scheduler

From: August R. Wohlt
Subject: [Gluster-devel] afr, striping, and nufa scheduler
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:27:44 -0400

Hi,

I have a setup with two servers mirroring each others' files using
cluster/afr:2. The two servers are on a high-latency connection, so I would
like to ensure that the local server is given preference in i/o over the
distant server. I do not need aggregrate performance, only file replication.

Is it the default behavior to do i/o on the first server listed in the afr
configration before the 2nd? I see this in the FAQ about striping, which
makes me wonder:

  GlusterFS AFR (automatic file replication) translator does a striped read
to improve performance on mirrored files.

And I do not see the equivalent of a "scheduler" option in cluster/afr in
the src that would let me use something like NUFA.

What is the best way to ensure this?

Thanks!
:august