Re: [Gluster-devel] hello gluster-devel:

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] hello gluster-devel:
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 00:21:42 -0400 (EDT)

I've tested NFS reexport of GlusterFS and can offer some tips:

1) You must use the fsid=#### option in /etc/exports, or mounts will be denied.

2) The FUSE that comes included with the kernel does not include NFS reexport capability. You have to compile the standard FUSE distribution or the FUSE from GlusterFS yourself.

3) If you use the enhanced FUSE from the GlusterFS folks (or any FUSE 2.7+, I believe), you must mount the GlusterFS with the "-d DISABLE" option, or writes will come out zero-length and give lots of errors.

4) If your GlusterFS uses AFR with protocol/client and protocol/server, use the very latest prerelease code in the TLA repository (I think this is slated for the 1.3.3 release). You may still experience some oddities, but it is your best bet and should be reasonably functional. Other types of GlusterFS filesystems (non-AFR) seemed to have no issues at all with NFS reexport, so in this situation you ought to e in great shape!

Happy NFSing,

Brent Nelson
Director of Computing
Dept. of Physics