Re: [Gluster-devel] HA failover question.

From: Chris Johnson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] HA failover question.
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:27:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Kevan Benson wrote:

     Hm.  Ok, different question.

     If I have two file severs/nodes.  I can put the AFR stuff in the
client end (stills seems odd as desktops get rebooted all the time).
Can multiple clients set up for AFR across both these servers access
them and the files at the same time?  Can the access the same file at
the same time.  Reads obviouly, writes would have the same issues as
EXT3 or ReiserFS or whatever with that.  GlusterFS team?  Really
curious how self healing works with the client end doing the AFR.

     Another question.  Could two servers each doing local unify be
AR'ed from the client side?

Tnx.