Re: [Gluster-devel] Strange inconsistencies (No such file or directo

From: Kevan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Strange inconsistencies (No such file or directory)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:04:09 -0700

Brian Taber wrote:
None of those are symlinks at all...  There is settings in Dovecot to use
harlinks to maintain names, but that option is turned off...  still same
issue, I think Dovecot might be using a symlink temporairily when moving
the messages from the new folder to the cur folder.

It's using hadlinks. Your logs bear that out. Symlinks wouldn't accomplish what it's trying to do in this case, which is an atomic move operation (or as atomic as they can get).

In IMAP messages that
arrive go into /mail/mydomain.com/webmaster/new/ and then the mail server
moves them into /mail/mydomain.com/webmaster/cur/ once you check for new
messages...  This issue only happens when I check email from one server
and it moves it into the cur folder....  that is when the other server can
not access it unless I restart glusterfs on the client having the access
issue...

Could this be some sort of directory caching issue? On the server that can't read the file, which if the tmp, cur and new directories does it show up in?

How are you trying to access the file on the postfix server? Manually, or is there another IMAP server of some sort in there?

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks