Re: [Gluster-devel] Full bore.

From: Chris Johnson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Full bore.
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:31:16 -0500 (EST)

     More...

     Threaded I/O looks like a must too.  Especially having a medium
sized cluster of two or three hundred nodes banging away at it.

     And is there any gracefull way to to turn striping on and off
without off loading the whole file system?

     I guess the next question is which order things should go in.  In
other words do I start with read-ahead/write-behind and then threading
and then unify or some other order?  And why?

Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |"Now I have become death, destroyer of worlds."
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |J. Robert Oppenheimer quoting The Bhagavad-Gita. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------