[Gluster-devel] philosophy

From: Chris Johnson
Subject: [Gluster-devel] philosophy
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:05:43 -0500 (EST)

     Ok, I'm making some progress here I think.

     Is there any philosophy in glusterfs as to what should happen on
the server vs. the client and in which order the translators should be
stacked?

     I've come to the conclusion that glusterfs on one brick with one
real filesystem doesn't help much.  I have 4 filesystems set up and I
can grab a few more if needed.

     And is there any way to gracefully turn striping on and off
without off loading everything or not?  I'm thinking not.

     Thanks.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: address@hidden
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Life stinks.  If you're very lucky, sometimes
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |it stinks a little less.  Me