Re: [Gluster-devel] a union to two stripes to fourteen mirrors...

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] a union to two stripes to fourteen mirrors...
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:43:33 +0530

Nyberg,
 I think that 32KB stripe size is too small for 7 stripe count, and stripe
count of 7 for all files is defenitely too high in any case. You would only
want to stripe large file (if you can classify them by a filename pattern
using unify/switch). A block-size of 512KB or 1MB with a stripe count of 2
or 3 should be ideal for boosting 'general purpose' performance from a
stripe.

Also your read-ahead seems a bit too aggressive for a gigabit ethernet
setup. It takes some amount of tuning to get stripe parameters right for
performance.

About the glusterfsd dieing, We're really interested to debug that. Can you
get the logs/core if any?

avati