Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs on cluster

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs on cluster
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:48:06 +0530

> > To use unify, you need a namespace brick. You should use an AFR volume
>
> OK
>
> > for this.
>
> You mean I shoud use AFR for the namespace ?

AFR is only for high availability of namespace. Namespace does not hold any
crucial data, it is just like a cache. Infact you can wipe our your
namespace anytime and it will rebuild again. If you are having a 'head node'
for your compute cluster which is/should be always on, you could just use an
export from that node as your namespace without AFR.

avati

--
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account
Hofstadter's Law.

-- Hofstadter's Law