Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs as root filesystem

From: Michael Fincham
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs as root filesystem
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:54:52 +1300

I had issues w/ dpkg not being able to successfully lock the package directory, so Debian etc based distros might be out.

-Michael

Matthias Albert wrote:
Hi,

has anyone tried using glusterfs as  root fs?

We are using openqrm as deployment/management system for our servers
here. With openqrm we can deploy both native machines and e.g. xen
images. As root Filesystem we are currently using NFS which isn't really
fast.

Because we're using glusterfs for our backups and also for our Samba/NFS
Server it is close to use it also as root filesystem for our xen images.

I think the only thing we need is fuse in a initrd and the glusterfs
binary with the needed shared object files.

Any helpful suggestions?

Regards,

  Matthias