Fwd: [Gluster-devel] strange thing with afr

From: tony han
Subject: Fwd: [Gluster-devel] strange thing with afr
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:47:45 +0800

  On Nov 27, 2007 7:45 AM, Albert Shih <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I've very strange thing with afr.
>
> I'm making a namespace with afr and it's not working....sometime.
>
> First it's working well...I've reboot everything and ... it's not working.
>
> Now I've re-initial everything in glusterfs (make new mke2fs etc...)
> and...it's not working..
>
> volume node1-ns
>  type protocol/client
>  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
>  option remote-host 145.238.189.22
>  option transport-timeout 30
>  option remote-subvolume brick-ns
> end-volume
> volume node2-ns
>  type protocol/client
>  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
>  option remote-host 145.238.189.23
>  option transport-timeout 30
>  option remote-subvolume brick-ns
> end-volume
> volume node3-ns
>  type protocol/client
>  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
>  option remote-host 145.238.189.24
>  option transport-timeout 30
>  option remote-subvolume brick-ns
> end-volume
>
> # Definition du namespace via afr
>
> volume ns
>  type cluster/afr
>  subvolumes node1-ns node2-ns node3-ns
> end-volume
>
> I'm using in my unify volume
>
>  option namespace ns
>
> And what's I mean when I say it's not working is when a ns create in
> my unify volume the zero size file create is namespace is create only on
> node1, not on node-2 or node-3.
>
> Why that ?

check the network with "PING",and make sure the server process which called
"glusterfsd" is running.
if it dose not work, try to use : glusterfsd -f "your config file" -L DEBUG
-l /dev/stdout
then, the output in stdout will tell you what happend :-)

> Other question about afr : It's that possible to re-synchronize the "raid"
>
> ? (for example when one node is off-line ? ) or it's automatic ?

for this qus, you can have a see :
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Understanding_AFR_Translator#Self-Heal
use the command :
$ find /mnt/glusterfs -type f -exec head -c 1 {} \; >/dev/null
glusterfs AFR is heal on reading.