[Gluster-devel] Striping.

From: Chris Johnson
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Striping.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:03:23 -0500 (EST)

     Hi again,

     So I did my dd read test of my 24MB file on a simple two brick
stripe.  Nothing fancy.  Two bricks and the stripe define on the server
side.  Client side mounts the remote stripe.  Default block size,
128KB.

     No difference between that and my single brick test as far as
time goes.  What's striping supposed to get me?  I thought it was
drives heads.  Or am I missing something again?

Chris Johnson               |Internet: address@hidden
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Survival, all by it self, isn't worth it.
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |                 Me