Re: [Gluster-devel] Striping.

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Striping.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:43:24 +0530

Chris,
 you will see the help of stripe when you perform IO where disk head is the
bottleneck. For example try to dd a file > 2x RAM size. Then dd with stripe.
you will note that the 'rock bottom throughput' is lifted higher with
stripe. It also helps when one file is accessed by a LOT of clients so that
one machine's IO does not become a bottleneck.

avati