Re: [Gluster-devel] Striping.

From: Chris Johnson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Striping.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:34:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Anand Avati wrote:

     So my single brick test with readahead was also too simple.  I
tried that and also saw no improvement.

     Does it matter which order readahead and writebehind are done in?

Yes, also you should be using read-ahead on the client side to leverage read
throughput with stripe (else it would end up serial alternative reads). Also
write-behind should be used for acheiving the aggregated disk throughput
with stripe.

avati