Re: [Gluster-devel] unify: No space left on device

From: Kevan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] unify: No space left on device
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:35:55 -0800

Albert Shih wrote:
 Le 29/11/2007 à 12:01:47-0800, Kevan Benson a écrit
Unify doesn't split files. It just abstracts which server the file is stored on and retrieved from, and the aggregation of the files from all the

ok.

servers when a listing is done. What you should be seeing in this case, is that the *whole file* is written to a node that does have space (if there is a node that has more than 5% space available).

I'm not really sure I understand this. When I start the copie the
filesystem is full at 99%, you mean gluster must not write on this node ?

Is you used the striping translator above the unify, you would be storing chunks of files (if the files are large enough), and the chunks will be scattered across the nodes. That would allow for more efficient space usage.

OK. For me it's not a space problem. But I must known how I can configure
glusterfs for my HPC.

I think I missed the gist of your problem before. Let me know if this sums it up:

1) You are using NUFA to prioritize the local node access
2) The local node is close to full, but the other nodes are not
3) When writing from that node, a no free disk space error is returned, even through there is plenty of space on other nodes

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks