Re: [Gluster-devel] distributed locking

From: Jerker Nyberg
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] distributed locking
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:52:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Székelyi Szabolcs wrote:

Everything works fine as long as I don't introduce locking, which is
essential if one wishes to use the storage eg. as a backend for a mail
server.

I'm sorry that I cannot answer your question, but do you have a choice in what mail server to use? Those that use the Maildir format (Like for example Postfix together with Courier-IMAP) does not need locking.

Regards,
Jerker Nyberg.