Re: [Gluster-devel] *Error*: Not enough memory (either in RAM or mapped

From: Albert Shih
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] *Error*: Not enough memory (either in RAM or mapped to disk)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:05:04 +0100

 Le 04/12/2007 à 08:02:58-0500, August R. Wohlt a écrit
> Not this error specifically, but I often see glusterfs and glusterfsd using
> nearly 1GB of main memory each with a basic setup after I rsync many files
> to the mount. How much memory do you have? I've posted before to see if
> there's a way to curtail memory usage, but haven't seen any responses yet.

Well....on my cluster each node have :

        16 Go in Ram
        2 x DD 146 Go SAS 15ktr/m (one disk only for glusterfs)

and when this thing crash I don't see (through top) any moment there don't
have enought memory.

And when I make this test I'm alone on all the cluster.

It's very a big problem for me. I must solve this for using glusterfs
because all my user is in same case.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH