Re: [Gluster-devel] distributed locking

From: Székelyi Szabolcs
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] distributed locking
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 17:24:20 +0100

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> As a temporary workaround can you make all the clients use the same afr
> translator and see if it works? i.e in client spec you need to specify the
> same server for all the clients (instead of localhost) and afr should be on
> the server side.

It works this way, however a workaround is not required, since this is
not a production environment; I can wait until you find and fix the
problem (if there's any).

Thanks for the advice anyway.

I'm thinking that it seems the problem arises only with multiple
posix-locks instances. Which is not a surprise in itself, because to do
proper locking this way, the locking information between each instance
should be synchronized at any and all times, which cannot be guaranteed
if AFRs ask them for locking in different orders. But if the orders are
the same, there should be no problem.

Is that correct? Just to make sure I'm not bothering you with some very
dumb thing...

Thanks,
--
cc