[Gluster-devel] Optimization for proxy storage

From: Tsukasa Morii
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Optimization for proxy storage
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 14:15:12 +0900

Hello.

I made an environment with GlusterFS by reference to the site below. But
disk peformance is not enough to be used for Web proxy storage. Could
somebody tell me the ways to make the peformance much better?

"GlusterFS High Availability Storage with GlusterFS"
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_High_Availability_Storage_with_GlusterFS

My goal and environment are as indicated below. Please let me know if
other informaton is needed.

[GOAL]
- Three web proxy servers keep a lot of web contens(html, css, js,
images) under gluster file system.
- Three servers can be used to build GlusterFS for storage.
- Automatic failover is necessary.

[ENVIRONMENT]
- 3 web proxy servers (CPU:2.4Ghz RAM:1GB)
- 3 gluster servers (CPU:2.4Ghz RAM:4GB)
- Most contents are less than 50k bytes.