Re: [Gluster-devel] client init script

From: Guido Smit
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] client init script
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:12:43 +0100

Jeff,

I would like to see your init script.

Guido

Jeff Humes wrote:
I had a need to have a client init script on my CentOS 4.5 servers that could mount gluster filesystems at boot time.

It is currently only tested on my CentOS servers, and has no guarantees attached :) It mounts several glusterfs filesystems at boot time, and unmounts them at shutdown/reboot (unknown if unmounting is really necessary, but I put it in anyway). It currently uses a configuration file that holds arguments for:
- log location
- log level
- configuration file full path
- mount point

It checks to see if the filesystem(s) is/are already mounted before attempting to mount them or unmount them.

If anyone is interested I can send the script (script includes configuration file example inline).

Just wanted to throw it out there.

-JPH