Re: [Gluster-devel] Mounting multiple volume names from the same fstab

From: Matthias Saou
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Mounting multiple volume names from the same fstab
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:04:49 +0100

Anand Avati wrote :

> Nice!, enhancing the mount script has been in the task list for a while but
> just hasn't got priority yet :| I have committed your patch to the TLA
> repository.

FWIW, you might want to double check my change for consistency,
especially if the plan is to include more glusterfs client options as
fstab options : I used vol= for the -n / --volume-name parameter... so
as such, it would make more sense for the option to be named
volume-name= ... it just seemed a bit too long for me, but wasn't
necessarily a wise choice ;-)

I think the best would be to have all options keep the exact same long
command-line name, or short name... or even both. Example :

volume-name=foo,port=12345,log-level=DEBUG

- or -

n=foo,p=12345,l=DEBUG

Thoughts?

Matthias

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux kernel 2.6.23.8-63.fc8
Load : 0.14 0.31 0.31