Re: [Gluster-devel] epoll.c bug

From: Thierry EXCOFFIER
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] epoll.c bug
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:46:38 +0100

Anand Avati wrote:
>   thanks for the gdb traces. this looks like the epoll() call in your system
> (ARM processor platform) is broken. the epoll in your case has returned 3
> but the 2'nd and 3'rd entries are junk. can you also get me the output of "p
> *ectx" from frame 2 ?

There is no 'ectx' in frame 2, only in frame 3.
I keep the 'core' if you have other questions.

> you might want to use poll which I feel might be more reliable. currently
> the only way to 'force' poll is to move away sys/epoll.h during ./configure
> (sorry, will add a --disable-epoll soon :D) and recompile.

Yes !
It works, with '-O0' or the '-O3' compilation option.

Thierry.
--
Thierry.EXCOFFIER@@liris.univ-lyon1.fr//   GO: Oriental Strategy Game
LIRIS/UFR Informatique, bat710       //DYLAN: Programming Language